RS Unveils Satellite Service In Thailand
RS launches SUNBOX satellite TV receiver under the slogan, "Hit! Worth! Good! No Monthly Payment," offering more than 200 channels accessing to C Band and over 80 channels to KU Band with watching one-season La Liga League for free. It joins forces with Big 4 to increase a number of distribution channels and with DTAC to launch an aggressive campaign, ‘free watching - free calls - free Internet access.'
Ratchaprasong - Surachai Chetchotisak, Chief Executive Officer, RS Public Company Limited, unveils that, "after RS launched RS Sport La Liga, the latest satellite TV of RS, under the concept of New Definition of Pay TV, RS taps satellite TV receiver market by introducing attractive content and potential of conditional access satellite TV receiver with the launch of SUNBOX satellite TV receiver under the slogan, "Hit! Worth! Good! No Monthly Payment," as RS aims to utilize the high potential content like La Liga football league and raise the standard of satellite TV receiver market in Thailand to support many world-class contents in the future.
Demand on satellite TV receiver nationwide continues growing incredibly as there are currently 10 million households watching TV via satellite TV receiver from the total of 20 million households having a TV set. About 5 million households watch TV via local cable TV and 2 million households are TrueVisions subscribers. There is a trend that all households in Thailand will have more than 2 TV sets each and that satellite TV receiver will grow to 20 million boxes. From now on, the market will compete with contents that come together with the box and technology that will support both conditional access and non-conditional access so the launch of SUNBOX aims to sell the contents mainly by using satellite TV receiver as a channel to distributing the contents. This will be an opportunity for growth of SUNBOX in the future as we hold the right to broadcast 2014 FIFA World Cup being held in Brazil which is the world's number one sport content besides La Liga football for 3 seasons."
Pornpan Techarungchaikul, Chief Operating Officer, RS PCL, discloses that, "for the distribution channel, our partner BIG 4 will be the producer and distributor of both C-Band and KU-Band SUNBOX satellite TV receiver and the distributor of satellite antenna. BIG 4's distribution will cover both wholesale and retail shop dealers of satellite set nationwide as well as electric appliance stores. Moreover, RS expands distribution channel to convenient stores like 7-Eleven as we want our customer to get SUNBOX conveniently. Customers can buy and install it by themselves by replacing or adding it to their existing satellite TV receiver.
SUNBOX is a satellite TV receiver with more special offers than competitors in the market. When customers buy a SUNBOX worth 1,590 Baht, they will get the following privileges:
- Special promotion from DTAC - Free Watching, Free Calls and Free Internet Access: Customers who buy a SUNBOX within October 31, 2012 and are DTAC customers or apply for DTAC will get free calls and Internet access worth 1,590 Baht by only registering at Call Center 1781.
- Watching La Liga Spain, totaling 380 matches throughout the season, for free.
- Warranty card can be sent to win a trip to La Liga Spain now until December 31, 2012.
For the target of SUNBOX satellite TV receiver sales, the company is confident to have at least 500,000 boxes in sales within October 31, 2012.
"We are confident that SUNBOX will be another business which will be successful from the strength of our entertainment network which we utilize entertainment contents, sport contents and medias in our subsidiaries for maximum benefits. We also have strategic partners and media partner as well as other partners to complete SUNBOX satellite TV receiver to win audience's heart. We are confident that we will be able to generate revenue from this project as target definitely," Mr. Surachai concludes.
- BIG 4 is a cooperation among 4 producers and distributors of satellite TV set and receiver including INFOSAT, IDEASAT, LEOTECH and THAISAT.
- RS Sport La Liga supports demand of Spanish football fans in Thailand. It will start broadcasting at the first time in July in the platform of New Definition of Pay TV under the concept of ‘easier, more convenient and fair price' with only 100 Baht a month. It will be another significant spearhead that will generate revenue to RS. Target subscribers in the first season of La Liga Spain (during August 2012 - August 2013) are 200,000 - 350,000.